From Learners to Teachers: A Memorable Day in Our English Class

 


Hi, I’m Gianna, and I have been studying English with my teacher Raoul for two years now. Starting as a complete beginner, I passed the B1 level exam this May and am now working hard toward the B2 exam next year.

 Last Thursday’s English class was particularly interesting, and I’d love to share it with you. Our teacher gave us a special task three days in advance: each student was asked to choose a topic we cared about and prepare a 40-minute mini-lesson, including vocabulary explanations, discussion questions, and the use of three different grammatical tenses. Everyone prepared earnestly, and topics varied widely-from “The Impact of Modern Technology on People” and “The Use of Color and Light in Architecture” to “Processed Foods and Health.” One student even introduced the famous “trolley car problem” from a Harvard course. Each presentation drew on the speaker’s own major or personal interests, sparking thoughtful discussions and lively exchanges.

 What stood out was how confidently every student taught, each shining in their own way. We were all delighted to be able to express our ideas accurately in English. At the end of the class, our teacher applauded us warmly-and we returned even warmer applause to him, full of gratitude for his inspiring guidance.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

How to Study English By Yourself

Finding a Language Exchange Partner in Newcastle